Friday, July 1, 2022

"Light of the World"

 "As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." (John 9:5 KJV)

  "He says, "You will do more than restore the people of Israel to me. I will make you a light to the Gentiles, and you will bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."" (Isaiah 49:6 NLT)

 Because of what Jesus did, we too are partakers in this Light! We must let this Light shine! Today, more than ever before, we have such great opportunities to share the hope that is within us, because there are so many people looking for hope! 

 Last night I finished watching, "Risen," for about the sixth or seventh time, and I was reminded of how knowing Jesus has changed my life. That is not something we always really think about, mostly because we still deal with stuff, and we still stumble in our daily walk; it is questionable sometimes what real change actually is.

 I have hope! Not in myself, because this self is sometimes selfish and a lot like the old self! But I have hope in Christ Jesus, for the amazing fact that He lives, He has defeated death, He has promised us eternal life with Him, and because He can do exactly what He said that He would do! That is Him, not me! I get up every morning and I pray for strength enough to not mess up; even promising that I will do my very best: but my best is never good enough! 

 Thank goodness that does not count against me! Are you hearing me! I am not saved because of what I have done, but because of what Christ Jesus has done on my behalf! My life will never be the same again...

"I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead! I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me." (Philippians 3:10-12 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment