Saturday, July 23, 2022

"Scattered Seeds"

 "But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself." (John 9:21 KJV)

  ""Listen! A farmer went out to plant some seed. As he scattered it across his field, some of the seed fell on a footpath, and the birds came and are it. Other seed fell on shallow soil with underlying rock. The seed sprouted quickly because the soil was shallow. But the plant soon wilted under the hot sun, and since it didn't have deep roots, it died. Other seeds fell among thorns that grew up and choked out the tender plants so they produced no grain. Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they sprouted, grew, and produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted!" Then he said, "Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand."" (Mark 4:3-9 NLT)

 I have never pretended that I know much about anything, except maybe how to get rid of Termites. But this much I know about sharing Jesus: if you don't share what you know, when you know that you are told to share it, you guilty of sin! That said, it is not the end of the world for you, if that might happen. But as it is with anything we might do that is sin, we ask God to forgive us and repent from our wicked ways! 

 Oh, what, you don't think that not sharing your faith is a sin? More than you know, in case you didn't know! I know for a fact that it is, because I feel more conviction in my heart if I don't do something the Spirit prompts me to do, then when I might do something, I am not to do, even when I hear Him say, "Don't do that!" 

 This is a bigger problem than most people realize. In the parable of the Sower, there are two sides of this parable that needs to be looked at: the places on which the seeds had fallen, and what it was that prevented the seeds from producing the fruit. Each of the areas upon which the seeds fell, were not the complete end of those seeds being fruitful; but what happen after that, that is what did or did not work.

 I know God can do anything, and I have seen a tree that has grown out of a rock! I have seen a plant grow, where there is no other plant like it, because some bird dropped the seed, and that seed became a plant! If we allow God to speak through us, no matter where we are or what condition we might be in, there will be fruit! 

 Anywho, that's my story, and I am going to stick with it! We really don't need to be filled with knowledge and great wisdom; we don't even need to have an answer to someone's question: we just need to be obedient, yield to the prompting of the Holy Spirit, and then, speak! Let Go and Let God...

"God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For he has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." (Ephesians 2:8-10 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment