Friday, July 15, 2022

"The Day"

"And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes." (John 9:14 KJV)

  "The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. This is the LORD'S doing, and it is wonderful to see. This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:22-24 NLT)

 Having been quite some time since I gave my life to the Lord, it is sometimes hard to remember what the afternoon was like; I can hardly remember what I did, right after the Lord saved me. I can recall the time prior, almost as if it was yesterday: the announcement from the chaplain over the load speaker, jumping off my bed and running down to the service, listening to the message, raising my hands, and praying the prayer that changed my life. 

 I do remember the evening, because that evening I called my wife to tell her the Good News! As a matter of fact, I can almost recall all of the times when I shared the Good News about Jesus Christ and the Gift that God has given us. "One life to live, 'twill soon be past, only what is done for Christ will last." (C.T. Studd) 

 Maybe that is why, because it is written down and kept forever! (Malachi 3:16) Besides that, the day of the week and the time of the day are clearly remembered. I might not recall the date, but I know that the day was Sunday, and the time was about the 11th hour! How cool is that: The 11th hour salvation! Now that I think of it, maybe that was what motivated me to run, not just walk, down to that service. 

 As we should take note, John is pointing out the day, not just because it was the Sabbath, but to show that Jesus made something on that day, as he points out that Jesus made clay. Just in case you might not know this, but God does some of His greatest works on the Sabbath! I know that for a fact, because He created it for me to draw closer to Him...

"Then Jesus said to them, "The Sabbath was made to meet the needs of people, and not people to meet the requirements of the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord, even over the Sabbath!" (Mark 2:27-28 NLT) 

 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment