Sunday, July 31, 2022

"A Consideration of Facts"

"He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: therefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?" (John 9:27 KJV)

  ""Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves. But beware! For you will be handed over to the courts and will be flogged with whips in the synagogues. You will stand trial before governors and kings because you are my followers. But this will be your opportunity to tell the rulers and other unbelievers about me."" (Matthew 10:16-18 NLT)

 Maybe this is a little much, but I do believe that things will get a little bit testy in the upcoming days. Whatever might happen, do not forsake the gathering together as believers! We must remain strong and aware of what is going on around us, at all times. Especially, when it comes to anything that might be coming against the churches! 

 Looking at this portion of Scripture, we must be aware that those who asked for a reason, were not interested at all in the way this man was healed but were looking for something more to accuse Christ over, some more facts that might be gathered to prove He had broken their laws. I say, their laws, because it was the Jewish leaders that had made the Sabbath into something that they could control, as it gave them power to do so. 

 Does that seem a little familiar to anyone? It is just the way things evolve, so really, I wouldn't care too much about it, because I don't think we can change the way of this current world. But we can do something important towards the Kingdom of God: continue to gather together and celebrate the Lord's soon coming; making our joy and expectations known to all! 

 Take a careful evaluation of what is going on, remembering all that Jesus said would be happening, and then, pray earnestly about what your role in this particular time should be. As for me, I know that my role, number one, is to care for my wife; other than that, I am expectant to speak when spoken to, especially when God is telling me what to say.

 By the way, today is our 40th wedding anniversary! I looked for something that might have said, Happy 40th Anniversary, but apparently it goes by 25th, 50th, and then 75th; 40th is really not all that celebrated, I guess! I will continue on, as long as the Lord will have me to do so. Who knows, maybe 50th will come; but I pray Jesus will come first...

""When you are arrested, don't worry about how to respond or what to say. God will give you the right words at the right time. For it is not you who will be speaking - it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you."" (Matthew 10:19-20 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment