Saturday, July 16, 2022

"Notwithstanding"

 "Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see." (John 9:15 KJV) 

  "The LORD is my light and my salvation - so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?" (Psalm 27:1 NLT)

 If ever there was a time when we are put to the test, it is when someone wants to examine how it is that we have the confidence in knowing the Truth. In such a time, we need not worry about what to say, or even how to answer when cross-examined; we only need to let the Holy Spirit speak, as He gives us the right words, at just the right time. 

 I know, it seems a little risky to just go willy-nilly into a den of wolves; but it is not our fight, the battle belongs to the LORD! It is really Jesus that is being persecuted by these Pharisees, not this man that was healed of his blindness. This poor guy is just one more thorn poking at their hardened hearts; one more reason for them, unknowingly, to go against God! 

 We must be certain of where we stand, what we believe, and why we believe it! Nothing can come against God's plans and purposes, even though the ones that try are confident in their ways, they really are not aware that they are actually playing into God's plan! 

 Case in point: these Pharisees need to be offended by Jesus and everything that He does; otherwise, they would not press so hard to have Him put to death. No matter what kind of miracle Jesus might do, they will do anything they can, to look beyond the mighty act, and to call Him a hack.   

 By the way, I have seen something very similar to this happen in church. There was a friend of mine that gave, what I believe was one of his most powerful messages, which was based upon the portion of Scripture in Revelation 3:5, as Jesus says, "and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life." 

 The message caused so many people to come forward, just about everyone in leadership, and anyone that was at all concerned about serving the Lord, all came forward overcome by guilt. Many were weeping and concerned about how they had been living imperfect lives before God. 

 But then, there was hardly 48 hours that had passed, and seemingly almost half of the church had turned that powerful message into a lie and false doctrine! Just like that, those hearts that were touched and prepared for a change for the better, got somehow replaced with hard hearts, hearts bent on making that message of no effect! 

 Having our hearts set on pleasing God, not men, is where we need to be! At whatever the cost, we must trust God and believe what He says, above all else, no matter the opposition... 

"I love the LORD because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!" (Psalm 116:1-2 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment