Wednesday, July 6, 2022

"The Conversation"

 "The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?" (John 9:8 KJV)

  "It doesn't matter whether we have been circumcised or not. What counts is whether we have been transformed into a new creation. May God's peace and mercy be upon all who live by this principle; they are the new people of God." (Galatians 6:15-16 NLT)

 Just so you know, God really does love a cheerful giver! I am not bragging; I am declaring what I know. If we give grudgingly, then it is best that we do not even give at all. But if we give cheerfully, joyfully know from where it came from and to Whom it all belongs to, then we can rest assured that our Father in heaven is pleased. I might not do everything right, but I do right when I can. 

 This little conversation that is taking place, it simply does not happen enough! There should be a change in us that sets us apart, not only from what we once were, but from those who are worldly. Not that I have everything under control and can display all that I should, but I know that I can, if I surrender my desires to follow all of the Spirit's leading. 

 Basically, it is about choice! It always has been, since the very beginning, when God told Adam, 'You can eat from every tree in the garden, except that one!' One tree from the multitude of trees to choose from, and he had to choose that one, as the one to desire! 

 There are some things that I have learned, some good and some bad. One of the good ones, is the fact that God is always faithful to forgive me when I ask Him for His forgiveness. That does not mean there will not be consequences for my sins, which I usually expect; but I have peace with God, and that is all that matters! 

 One of the bad things, is that I must teach myself to sin. Yes, I know that doesn't sound right, because we are born sinners, right from the start. But being born again, we have the Holy Spirit living inside of us, so there is always a presence of His instruction and guidance in our life. Now we must find a way to sin, to plan and maneuver around certain obstacles or barriers that God places as ways of escape. 

 Do you see the connection? Adam's way was by teaching his wife...

"Then the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?" He replied, "I heard you walking in the garden, so I hid. I was afraid because I was naked." "Who told you that you were naked?" the LORD God asked. "Have you eaten from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat?" The man replied, "It was the woman that you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it."" (Genesis 3:9-12 NLT)    

No comments:

Post a Comment