Tuesday, July 12, 2022

"Where Is He?" - 2

 "Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not." (John 9:12 KJV)

  "O LORD, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way? How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? How long will my enemy have the upper hand? Turn and answer me, O LORD my God! Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die. Don't let my enemies gloat, saying, "We have defeated him!" Don't let them rejoice at my downfall. But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the LORD because he is good to me." (Psalm 13 NLT)

 You have most likely heard, "God will never give more than you can handle." To a certain extent, that might be true; but it is only true, if you are trusting in the LORD! I was thinking of that yesterday, after I pondered what I shared, and I ask God, "Why did you put me through this? For what reason am I having to deal with this trial?" 

 Something interesting was put upon my heart, as I felt the Lord say, "Because I knew you could handle it." Then I started thinking back to all of the days of breaking down, of uncontrollable crying and feeling as though my heart was being torn apart. Somehow, those brief moments, as they seem, where replaced with incredible peace and joy. Don't ask me how, because it was practically like a switch, just like turning on a light. 

 As this Psalm illustrates, David gives us a Prayer for Help, yet the help that is shown in this Psalm is a mysterious help, that basically comes from a changed heart. We serve a God that has mighty hands! When that song says, "He has the whole world in his hands," that includes everything, including the stars in the sky! What do we have to worry about? 

 When we take our eyes off of Him and put our focus upon this world or our problems, then we feel as though we have no hope, and our joy is lost. But when we keep our mind on Him, on all that He has done for us, instantly and without even trying, we have hope for tomorrow, and we can rejoice! 

 "Where is He?" you might ask? He is just a breath away! As fast as you can take a breath of air, He is there, waiting for you to look to Him...

"That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." (2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment