Monday, July 25, 2022

"Pray for Boldness"

 "These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews agreed already, that is any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue." (John 9:22 KJV) 

  ""Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before me Father in heaven."" (Matthew 10:32-33 NLT)

 In the current culture that is progressing daily, it is more and more challenging to speak out and to declare that Jesus Christ is Lord. This is not just some sort of religion, as some might say; this is about having a relationship with our Creator God, knowing His love for us, and feeling His presence in our lives. 

 When we pray for boldness, it is most likely that God will place us in a situation where we will have a chance to be bold. When that happens, we must be prepared to pray within again, asking the Holy Spirit to help us and speak through us, boldly! We are just a vessel, and God's Spirit is alive in us, waiting to be poured out! The more that pours out, the more that pours in! 

 There are really two ways to look at this current climate: one, is to feel threatened and hold your peace; the other is to feel encouraged and boldly declare what you know in your heart. We are to be salt and light to a dying world; there never has been such a time as this, at least not in my lifetime, where everyone is looking for answers and trying to find peace. 

 Well, almost everyone, because there are some that just want to tear us all apart! Especially within the churches, where it is meant to be a place of refuge and where we go to worship. Certain topics and current issues are causing division, based upon what? 

 There is only one thing that matters, always: Jesus saved us from our sins! We cannot change anyone, no matter how hard we might try; but God will! He will perform a work in anyone that allows Him access into their heart, no matter what they might be or what they have done, they will become a new creature in Christ Jesus, guaranteed! 

 Okay, got that off my chest, so now I can share about something else. Many of you know about my wife, as if it hasn't been shared enough. This weekend is going to be our 40th anniversary of our wedding, and it has really been on my mind and in my heart. I just wish I could dance with her...

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7 NLT)   


No comments:

Post a Comment