Saturday, July 30, 2022

"Those That See Not"

 "Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes?" (John 9:26 KJV)

   "The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. This is the LORD'S doing, and it is wonderful to see." (Psalm 118:22-23 NLT)

 It is really not that these Jews wanted to know what Jesus did, or how He did it; they could hardly care less. How did Jesus change your heart? What did He do in you that allows you to see? If that is the questions asked, of you, do you have the answers? 

 I think that the answer Jesus gave to John and Andrew is the best way to describe how to answer those questions: "Come and see!" (John 1:39) Just as Jesus told Nicodemus, "I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God." (John 3:3) No matter what we might say, no one will see or understand what you answer, until they can see it for themselves, with a new heart and God's Spirit! 

 It is really not a matter of understanding, because I don't think anyone totally gets it anyway; it is more about putting all of our faith in Christ's redemptive work, and not trying to figure out how He did it, but that He has done it, once and for all! God said it is done, I believe it, and that settles it! Now we get to walk in that, faithfully! 

 Listening to Doctor Chuck yesterday, he was speaking about Paul and whether or not he believed in, 'Once saved, always saved,' and Chuck said, "He absolutely did, but he lived his life as if he could lose it!" Once you see the prize, there is no turning back; and fight with all you can to keep it...

"Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training to do what I should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified." (1 Corinthians 9:24-27 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment