Monday, March 7, 2022

"Utter Darkness!"

"Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come." (John 7:34 KJV)

   "Then he instructed me, "Do not seal up the prophetic words in this book, for the time is near. Let the one who is doing harm continue to do harm; let the one who is vile continue to be vile; let the one who is righteous continue to live righteously; let the one who is holy continue to be holy." 

  "Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

  "Blessed are those who wash their robes. They will be permitted to enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life." (Revelation 22:10-14 NLT)

 Enter the dark side, as this is that which comes to those that reject Jesus Christ! Basically, it all comes down to making the right choice: say yes, when He knocks, because you may not have another chance to open that door to Him; follow where He leads, now, because there is only one road, and it is narrow! 

 Yes, I know, these are dark times that we are living in, and it is so very easy to be taken down the wrong path. Two things are important for us to focus on, if you seriously want to make it: three things are required if you are wanting to finish well! The first is the one that we sometimes try to ignore, which is to confess our sins, and be made clean! It's not that we don't ask for forgiveness, because I am sure that most of us do. But do we really know what that means?

 The second is practical, but requires practice: Stay in the Word! I don't think that I am the greatest at doing this, because it requires a little bit of time; if you don't think you have the time, then practical goes right out the window! It's a lot like training for a race, if you don't make the time to train, then you will not race very well, and the more you don't train, the more you will not be able to run the race! 

 The third is the one thing that is surprisingly hard and easy, because it is hard to do on your own, but is remarkably easy to do when you are letting God do the work through you: Be a vessel that He can use! Somehow this one can get turned upside-down quite often, when we ask God to use us, but then we try and make the vessel our own. 

 Back to number one, as it is the one thing required to be able to see rightly: whether we are reading the word of God, or doing His work, if we are not made clean, then those other two things will not be right! You have most likely heard the term, "Get right, or get left," because it is actually a real thing, that is more than just a saying. 

 Forgive me if I pretend to have something else to do right now, but I somehow feel I have something else to do...

""I called you so often, but you wouldn't come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered. So I will laugh when you are in trouble! I will mock you when disaster overtakes you - when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster engulfs you like a cyclone, and anguish and distress overwhelm you.

"When they cry for help, I will not answer. Though they anxiously search for me, they will not find me. For they hated knowledge and chose not to fear the LORD. They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them. Therefore, they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way, choking on their own schemes. For simpletons turn away from me - to death. Fools are destroyed by their own complacency. But all who listen to ne will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm."" (Proverbs 1:24-33 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment