Sunday, March 6, 2022

"Dually Noted!"

 ""Then said Jesus unto them, yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me." (John 7:33 KJV)

  "For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better." (Philippians 1:20-21 NLT) 

 Obviously, fickle wasn't all that it was cut out to be, because the time, whether it be now or later, really doesn't matter; while waiting, you are looking forward, expecting, longing for it to all be over; knowing full well, it will all be over soon enough. This might seem rather morbid to some, but to those that are looking towards something far better than this, it is longed for and expected, soon enough! 

 Matthew Henry groups these two verses together in a picture associated with the pillar of fire by night, and the cloud covering in the day: having a bright side and a dark side. To me, this is cut and dry! Jesus, being threatened by persecution, has no doubt admonished or enlightened them with the facts: "For now, you can't touch me; but even when do, I will be perfectly fine!" 

 I know it is not always easy to confirm your belief, as if you have nothing left here to care about; because as long as we have people we care for, we have a reason to hang around. But, having this hope within us, does not stop us from being expectant, while at the same time, caring for those we love, as a matter of fact, we should make every effort to be concerned, that they have that same security in them, that is within you! 

 This is something we must resolve within our hearts, this condition called, stagnation! That might not be something we can fully understand, but it comes from being somewhere else, when you should be focused on what you are doing now. If I had something to associate with one of my deepest flaws, it would be just that: always being focused upon what I must do next, while forgetting to focus upon what I am doing right now! 

 If there was another way to explain what this means, we need to look no further than Jesus Christ! He knew absolutely what and when and where, yet He still stayed focused upon the here and now! Every place He went, was another opportunity to accomplish something else; never missing an opportunity to further the Kingdom. 

 Even in the times, when His timing was interrupted, He used that interruption as another opportunity to get something else done. Just like this, eager opportunity of these Jewish leaders: as they thought to take Him, He used that, as an opportunity to make a powerful point!

 Well then...

"I, John, am the one who heard and saw all these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me. But he said, "No, don't worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers the prophets, as well as all who obey what is written in this book. Worship only God!"" (Revelation 22:8-9 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment