Saturday, March 26, 2022

"Intellectual Faith"

 "Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed on him?" (John 7:48 KJV)

  "Yet when I am among mature believers, I do speak with words of wisdom, but not the kind of wisdom that belongs to this world or to the rulers of this world, who are soon forgotten. No, the wisdom we speak of is the mystery of God - his plan that was previously hidden, even though he made it for our ultimate glory before the world began. But the rulers of this world have not understood it; if they had, they would not have crucified our glorious Lord. That is Scriptures mean when they say, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him."" (1 Corinthians 2:6-9 NLT) 

 Somehow this will all make sense; but for now, we just need to know that God is ultimately doing a work, whether we can see it or not, that will blow everyone's mind, and cause everyone to fall upon their knees and declare He is LORD! Just you watch and see! 

 We must never give up believing, even when we doubt, walking away is never an option! Especially if you have already come this far, you must, with all your might, dig in your heals and fight! Let me tell you that it will get better; whether the circumstance or situation changes or not, it will get better! 

 I am currently dealing with something that I find hard to explain, because in a logical sense, it makes no sense, because it is an issue of the heart. As I have shared before, my wife has been in her condition for over 18 years, with no real sign of improvement; at least to those that cannot see what we cannot see. My commitment to continue this journey is based upon one very simple promise that I made to God, that I would do everything in my power to care for her, until He takes her home, period! 

 When we were preparing for her surgery, there was an issue presented for her to sign over, Power of Attorney, for me to make medical decisions for her, in case there was a serious problem. Well, it was not something that I wanted to even consider, because I believed God would bring her though this surgery safely and without any problems. 

 Long story short, we are now in a little storm, one which might look innocent and non-threatening from a distance, but there is an eye of that storm which could be overwhelming. I may or may not be forced into getting a Conservatorship in order to continue what I have been doing for all of these 18 and half years of caring for my wife. Maybe it is for the best, and then again, maybe it is not! 

 As far as I am concerned, only God is allowed to take her life! I have refused to kill her or have her killed; and I will surely not let anyone else attempt to do it! Over these last 18 years, especially these last ten years, I have had some of the most uncaring comments from people who might think they are caring. Some might say, 'Why are you keeping her alive in this condition? She shouldn't need to live like this!' 

 Fools! Is the first thought in my mind, but the more I dwell of it, the more it hurts to think about the reason. I was either blessed or cursed to witness the Terri Schiavo case while my wife was in the hospital. For 3 months she was there, and about midway through her stay, Terri's ordeal was flashed before my eyes. If you don't know the case, Terri had been in her state for 15 years; her husband had already moved on with his life, and wanted her to be killed; but her family wanted to care for her. 

 No doubt, there had must likely not been a Power of Attorney granted him, because she became that way from having a heart-attack at home, and it took too long to resuscitate her; taking her into that condition of a PVS. She was saved from the first attempt to have her life taken, but her husband persisted and found a judge evil enough to have her put to death.

 Her death was not quick and easy; it took her 12 days to slowly be starved and dehydrated to her death. Ruthless killers that are put to death, don't even need to suffer that type of killing! If her family could, they would break the rules, just to apply an ice cube to her lips. I can't imagine the pain they suffered as they had to go through experiencing the long-drawn-out death of their loved one. 

 Whether you can believe it or not, put there are people who love to take lives, even though they are taught and trained to save lives. It's almost a thrill for them to do so, because they can do it legally and without getting punished; or so they think! God will be the ultimate Judge! 

 No! I promised my wife, "To have and to hold from this day forward...till death do us part!" Only God is allowed to take that away...

"Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; and to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: to the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, according to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: in whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him. Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory." (Ephesians 3:8-13 KJV)    

No comments:

Post a Comment