Friday, March 11, 2022

"Jesus Promises Living Water"

  "On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, "Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart,'" (When he said "living water," he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.)" (John 7:37-39 NLT)

  "Wisdom crieth, she uttereth her voice in the streets: she crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my unto you, I will make known my words unto you." (Proverbs 1:20-23 KJV)

 I feel really good about this next set of Scripture, as this is based primarily on one of my favorite chapters in the Bible, Isaiah 55. I had previously spent several months on that, without doing it much justice; but the main thing, is that I was blessed by doing it. This is still my personal living journal, so it has the ability to go wherever I think it should, and wherever God might lead me. 

 Again, you must pay attention to John's ability to work the Deity of Jesus into just about all he shares on, even the simple things that most people fail to see. I love listening to Dr Chuck, he thinks a lot like I do, saying, 'Sometimes, the space between the lines, speak louder than the lines themselves.' 

 Case in point: I heard another Pastor speak the other day, saying, "Andrew and Peter were the first disciples." Again, let me repeat myself, again and again! Andrew and John were the first disciples, Peter was the third, as John stayed with Jesus, while Adrew went to go find Peter. How do I know? By John's detail given about the time of day!

 John was probably writing this message at least 30 years after all these things had happened. I may not remember the exact date of my New Birth, but I remember what day of the week it was, and I most of all, I remember the time of day...

"As Jesus walked by, John looked at him and declared, "Look! There is the Lamb of God! When John's two disciples heard this, they followed Jesus. Jesus looked around and saw them following. "What do you want?" he asked them. They replied, "Rabbi" (which means "Teacher"), "where are you staying?" 

 "Come and see," he said. It was about four o'clock in the afternoon when they went with him to the place where he was staying, and they remained with him the rest of the day. Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, was one of the men who heard what John said and then followed Jesus. Andrew went to find his brother, Simon, and told him, "We have found the Messiah" (which means "Christ")"" (John 1:36-41 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment