Monday, March 28, 2022

"The Great Composer"

 "Nicodemus saith unto them, (he that came to Jesus by night, being one of them,)" (John 7:50 KJV) 

  "Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do. But not the wicked! They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind. They will be condemned at the time of judgment. Sinners will have no place among the godly. The LORD watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction." (PSALM 1 NLT)

 Alright, I think I get what's going on, but I do not like it; nonetheless, I hold my peace and say nothing! 

 Maybe that is a familiar thing that has bugged your heart? You know what you hear is false and does not fit the narrative, yet you say nothing. Why? Is it just because you don't want to enter into a debate? Are you afraid to be called out as something other than what you really are? Maybe we just don't have the faith enough to defend what we believe? How can we hold on tightly, to that which we only hope to be true? 

 I truly believe that God prompts us to speak up when we otherwise would be silent; when He does, it is up to us to say something: to open up our mouth and utter out His voice! I have had the feeling and inclination within me, time and time again, to lay hands on someone to heal them. But I have not done so, because I was afraid that it will not work! I know, that seems rather strange, but I do believe that I have prayed for people before, and God did something to change their situation; if nothing else, He changed their perspective, giving them hope! 

 You must believe God hears you, speaks to you, and is ever-present in everything that you do! As in this case, Nicodemus has been touched. Whether it is by God's Spirit or by the Word of God that has been stored up in his heart, he was touched to say something to defend God's character. Not that God needs to be defended, because He is ALMIGHTY GOD! 

 As ambassadors for Christ, we are to represent Him in everything that we do; especially, when there are those, we know and are associated with, that willfully speak out against Him. In this case, there was really no way that these hearts were going to be changed, because God had hardened their hearts to help complete His marvelous plan of salvation.

 This is what He does! He opens mouths, and He hardens hearts! Strange as that might sound, I did hear a message yesterday that sparked by curiosity. Not that it was not a true message, because I believe that it was, and I am totally convinced that everyone is given a chance to accept God's free gift of salvation. 

 My curiosity is in those that would try and convince someone otherwise, who are they, and why would they do it? Do they pretend to know the heart of God? I absolutely believe that none of us would have chosen to come to God if He did not prompt us or call us unto Himself; but we still have a choice! We have a choice to accept His offer, and we have a choice to live as though we have! Every day, we have the same choice, over and over again: Will I serve Him today, or will I serve myself? 

 Anywho, this is meant to be about what God does! He is The Great Composer of heaven and earth! Everything that is going on around us, He composes the instruments to play out His glorious plan. If there is something that plays out of tune, then He will modify and change the keys; it all goes and flows into His perfect plan! 

 If you wrote the music, then you know the keys that need to be played...

""But now, listen to me, Jacob my servant, Israel my chosen one. The LORD who made you and helps you says: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, O dear Israel, my chosen one. For I will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants, and my blessings on your children. They will thrive like watered grass, like willows on a riverbank. Some will proudly claim, 'I belong to the LORD.' Others will say, 'I am a descendant of Jacob.' Some will write the LORD'S name on their hands and will take the name of Israel as their own."" (Isaiah 44:1-5 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment