Tuesday, March 15, 2022

"Living Water" - Too

 "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." (John 7:38 KJV)

   "For ye were sometime darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of the light; (for the fruit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) proving what is acceptable unto to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:8-10)

  As much as I would like to say this is easy, I would be telling a lie if I said it was so; this is hard! Some of the time, it is unbearable, and I really feel like giving up; but I know I must not even consider that as an option, because it is not up to me! 

 Yes, we always do have a choice! I can choose what I eat and drink; what I watch and what I cannot watch; but I have absolutely no control over the things God does or does not do! I can hope for things to happen, but my will is not always God's will, my ways are not God's ways! I need to have a different belly! 

 Anywho! Here is the concept of where all things must be realized in the heart: Are you really ready to let God have 100% of your life, or are you going to still try and hold onto to the parts that you think are yours to hold onto? That is the real question for many of us to ponder! 

 The "belly" can be a storage tank of a whole lot of stuff; but in the walk with the Lord, it is the innermost part of who we are: our soul, heart as the seat of thought, feeling, choice...

"Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." (Philippians 4:4-5 KJV)  

No comments:

Post a Comment