Sunday, March 20, 2022

"Misinformed"

 "Hath not the Scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?" (John 7:42 KJV)

  "Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die." (Genesis 3:1-3 KJV) 

 It really only takes a little misinformation to cause a whole lot of misunderstanding and deception. Even just adding something to what God has said, even if it might seem better or more persuasive. This might be the most harmful thing that is done in almost any organized religion: adding to the requirements and the commandments of God. 

 As they might not have known, Jesus was born in Bethlehem! He might have grown up in Galilee, but He was born in the city of David, just as the Scriptures said! Not that it much matters, but there were most likely people in the room that knew that, they just were either afraid to bring it up, or else they wanted it to not be known to the crowd. 

 As for as the closing Scripture from yesterday, I felt it was more for myself than anyone else. I need to better understand what it means to sincerely trust God, and not to lean on my own understanding! Maybe it is just the way that I am, always trying to be a problem solver; I think out solutions and use worldly understanding to achieve ways to overcome problems.

 You would think that after all these years, I would know better; instead of asking God for solutions, I need to be still and just know that He is GOD: Let go and let God...

""Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world."" (Psalm 46:10 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment