Thursday, August 13, 2020

"Young Woman"

"One night as I lay in bed, I yearned for my lover. I yearned for him, but he did not come. So I said to myself, "I will get up and roam the city, searching in all the streets and squares. I will search for the one I love." The watchmen stopped me as they made their rounds, and I asked, "Have you seen the one I love?" Then scarcely had I left them when I found my love! I caught and held him tightly, then I brought him to my mother's house, into my mother's bed, where I had been conceived. Promise me, O women of Jerusalem, by the gazelles and wild deer, not to awaken love until the time is right." (S.O.S. 3:1-5 NLT)

  A little reminder, that chapters are much like turning a page, or opening of new direction or time of sequence or event. As one might wonder, is this just a dream, or did all of this really happen? So too, is the case in the lives of most every believer: Did I or did I not? Was it imagined, or did not He really change my heart?
  The characters that we see within this portion of Scripture have several different meanings; as it is, even the night is a character, as is the bed, and the city. Maybe a lot like, "Alice in Wonderland," if you will, where even the inanimate objects were alive and had the ability to help or hurt you. As weird as that might sound, but this is more real and more concerning than you might otherwise know.
  As to the point of not finding her lover, which is neither here nor there; the point is more about where she is at and not where He might be found! Jesus clearly said, "and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:20b) It is certain that He is always, as He said; but to be perfectly honest, He is not always welcomed or asked to be around, not always, anyways! Depending upon our mood or what we might be busy with, it might be apparent that He would not stick around; and even if He was, knowing that He was, would most assuredly change your situation and your mood. Just saying...

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead in sin, live any longer longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him be baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." (Romans 6:1-4) 

No comments:

Post a Comment