Wednesday, August 26, 2020

"Who Do You Know?"

"Behold his bed, which is Solomon's; threescore valiant men are about it, of the valiant of Israel." (S.O.S. 3:7)

  Just in case you weren't paying attention, there are things going on in this world that need to be watched and paid attention to. No matter what happens next, it is going to be God's will in the works, no matter what! I hope we can settle that in our hearts and minds, because there are days when I feel as though I am living in a big dream that just keeps pilled onto with more and more stinky stuff. I am serious when I say this, but if they try and tell us we need to start wearing goggles, I am going to start wearing waders!
  Anywho, this is pretty amazing stuff; that we could be so blessed and cared for, by none other than, the King of all creation! The whole point of this is about PEACE! The peace that comes from knowing God is not only for you, but He is working and doing things to work out everything to the good, no matter how things might appear or how much it might cost. He will not spare anything to make sure that His will is done, because He not only knows what comes next, but He puts the wheels in motion to make it happen!
  Oh, how much needless time we spend worrying about stuff, because there is nothing that does to change the situations; absolutely nothing ever gets done with worry! To be perfectly clear, this is more about something that is unchangeable and unmovable than it is about simple protection. I mean, let's be honest: what would you be most grateful for, being protected through the storm, or knowing that no matter what happens in or through the storm, you are going to end up in a better off or in a better place?
  This might be one of the most striking things I experienced as a new believer; that no matter what, I was being taken to something better; even if they slay me, I have a better place in Christ waiting for me! You must know, I was in jail at the time, but I did not feel as though I was locked up; I felt more free than I had ever felt before, because I was at peace and felt secure; which actually means, I felt sure, sure that I was watched over, sure I was protected, and was sure I was pretty much surrounded by the most powerful force in the entire universe.
  It really does not get much better than that...

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." (Romans 8:31-34)

No comments:

Post a Comment