Wednesday, August 12, 2020

"Chapter Three"

THE SONG OF SONGS (Chapter Three)
"With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness." (Isaiah 26:9)

  I thought it might be right to bring this little bit of insight to the forefront of the conversation; not that we all have anything to fear, because the Lord is always near! As it is, we have His Spirit alive in us, regardless of when and where we find ourselves, He never leaves or stops watching over us.
  This is the time of definition; a period of soul searching, if you will, where the soul reaches out, as much as it can reach, to find a connection that makes it feel empowered and longing for rescue. As Matthew Henry says it, closing out Chapter Two: "She begs that he would not only turn to her for the present, but hasten his coming to fetch her to himself. "Even so, Come, Lord Jesus, Come Quickly. Though there be mountains in the way, thou canst, like a roe, or a young hart, step over them with ease. O show thyself to me, or take me up to thee.'"
  Regardless of how you might feel about everything that is going on in this world, you have to know and be convinced, that God is in control. Even though there might be heartache and destruction, this is not at all anything that is able to harm His church; even though the churches might be stricken by this world, the world, nor all the powers of hell, cannot destroy His church!
  Which reminds me of something I heard the other day, as a dear sister called and asked Pastor Mike what he thought about her making a Rapture Box. What a wonderful idea! Not only does it help us to prepare our hearts, but we get to leave something behind for those we love that might be left! Hopefully, it is not a box we prepare for ourselves; but just in case it is, I am sure it will be put to good use; especially once we see what the wrath of God looks like in person!
  Seriously, there is no doubt we are living in the last days. May I give you a little advice, if you are interested in doing a Rapture Box: don't address it to anyone in particular, simple state it is for those you love and care about, leaving it in general and open to anyone that might open it, or want to open it. You might include a little note, Open in case of my departure, or In case of my departure, Open this box! Even so, come Lord Jesus, come quickly...

"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our leaning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope." (Romans 15:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment