Friday, August 21, 2020

"El Elefante!" -dos

"It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me." (S.O.S. 3:4)

  I must admit, this is much harder than I imagined it would be. If we are looking for something that is easy, as if Jesus meant His yoke spoke to our yoke, then we are barking up the wrong tree; our yoke is hard, it is hard because it is ours, has always been ours, and it does nothing to make us feel safe or free. God's way is not our ways! If we are looking for the way to be made whole, then we have somehow missed the introduction; that announcement to the all the other guest, Meet the new man, born of God's Spirit!
  There is just so much of this that we can do on our own: Holding unto Jesus is by far the most important task that we have to do! Don't let go; keep on looking, finding, grabbing hold of, and taking Him with you, wherever you go! If I had to put a face to this elephant, it would be that of unbelief; not that we do not believe God can do something, has done something, or will do something; but that it is free, that I do not have to work for it, to make it happen, and that it is that simple, to simply believe!
  I'm sorry if this is a little bit unorthodox and not what you expected; but if there is one thing that I see lacking in my life, as well as in the churches today, it is the expectation that God still does things unexpected and out of the ordinary. If it is not normal, then it is not of God! Since when did we start limiting the power and the creativity of God?
  Where this matters the most, is not in ministry or in the physical or even in life; it is in our heart and in our mind that we must be changed; and it will not happen, but by His Spirit! We will not will it to happen; we cannot work at it, to somehow create the disciple enough to overcome, or even change our habits and our desires: it is 110% God that is going to change us! If you do not get that, or know that by now, you need to go back to square one: Rinse and Repeat...

"I have discovered this principle of life -that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love God's law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin. So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death." (Romans 7:21- 8:2) NLT   

No comments:

Post a Comment