Monday, March 5, 2018

"Then They Cry Out"

"Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth out of their distresses." (Psalms 107:19)

 It might appear to be the same as verse 13, but in reality, it presents itself as a present and ongoing situation. Why do we wait for everything to fall apart, when it is so much easier to stay needy and humble? As for the Bible verses the tablet or phone, it is not about the devise, it's about the message. If we really want to make a difference in the world around us, then we need to be a light, and seeing God's people holding, with pride, the Word of God, is a pretty good sign that they are not ashamed of what they believe is the Truth. I'm just saying! There was one particular thing that I kept hearing Gen. Jerry say at the conference Saturday, that he always would pray to God for an answer by flipping open his Bible to wherever God would want him to see. Try doing that on your smart-phone or tablet! I do that also when I am in situations where I need God's word to speak to me, especially when I do not know the particular address; God is really good at picking the perfect address for me to sit and meditate at, He has never failed me, and I a sure He never will. Besides, I known the places in my Bible better than I know the address that they are found; like Isaiah 55 I know is almost exactly in the middle of my Bible, pretty much right in the middle. That will not be the same in your Bible, because mine has about 400 pages of definitions and grammatical information in the end. But I am sure that is similar for you and your favorite verses; you can almost feel where they are at! As for this verse today, there really is not much more to say, except that the more we are nourished by God's word, the more we tend to cry out, and the less prone we are to allow ourselves to let distress drag on without seeking a solution. Not that distresses are always something bad, because destress can represent 'narrowness' also. In case you might forget, "You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many that choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it." (Matthew 7:13-14 NLT) The difficult road is always distressful, but He continually gives us the strength to go on another day...

"Moreover the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah the second time, while he was yet shut up in the court of the prison, saying, "Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is his name; Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."" (Jeremiah 33:1-3) KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment