Wednesday, March 21, 2018

"God Makes Us Hungry"

"And there he maketh the hungry to dwell, that they may prepare a city for habitation;"
(Psalms 107:36)

  I hope none of you were worried about some of those things I said, it was really quite emotional and there really was quite a bit of crying going on over on this end; but I am pretty passionate about what God has shown me over these last 14-plus years. The most important thing that I think God has shown me, is that the husband is responsible for loving his wife, period! Today I am pulling off the gloves and getting serious and something I believe God has shown me; it just so happens that this verse makes me remember how important it is. We men are such possessor's; once we get what we want, we claim it as our own, and then we put it on a shelf; our wives are treated no different. To get right to the point, the courtship leaves after the marriage. We spend so much time and effort winning our wives love and respect, and then once it is secured, we count it as done. If you don't agree with what I am saying, then I want to say I am sorry, for you, because you are in denial. Maybe you practice some sort of ritual of bringing home flowers or routine times out to dinner; those may fan the flames and keep the fire from going out, but it hardly replaces the sacrificial love that God has called your life to be. I thought my marriage was perfect, until on day my wife asked me if I still loved her. It is truly not about giving her things and taking her places, she wants our love and affection; something that is only with touch, compliments, and a real desire for her love; a hunger within us to keep her secure and comfortable, in any and every circumstance or situation. I think back to when I was a small child, before the drunkenness of my parents made me scared. It did not matter what our situation was, what kind of living conditions we were in, as long as we were a family, it was safe and living was fun and enjoyable. That is close to the environment I am trying to think about; where our wives feel safe and secure, no matter where or what might happen to the both of you, because they have no doubts that they are loved and that they will be cared for. I little bit old fashion, I guess. But it is pretty much what Jesus Christ provides for the church; and it is what we husbands need to be providing for our wives. If that does not make you want to try it, then pray for God to make you hungry again for your wife's love and respect; real love and respect that would cause her to stand up for you, just as we stand up for Jesus when someone might talk about Him...

"He asked me, "Have you been watching, son of man?" Then he led me back along the riverbank. When I returned, I was surprised by the sight of many trees growing on both sides of the river. Then he said to me, "This river flows east through the desert into the valley of the Dead Sea. The waters of this stream will make the salty waters of the Dead Sea fresh and pure. There will be swarms of living things wherever the water of this river flows. Fish will abound in the Dead Sea, for its waters will become fresh. Life will flourish wherever this water flows. Fishermen will stand along the shores of the Dead Sea. All the way from En-gedi to Eneglaim, the shores will be covered with nets drying in the sun. Fish of every kind will fill the Dead Sea, just as they fill the Mediterranean. But marshes and swamps will not be purified; they will still be salty. Fruit trees of all kinds will grow along both sides of the river. The leaves of the trees will never turn brown and fall, and there will always be fruit on their branches. There will be a new crop every month, for they are watered by the river flowing from the Temple. The fruit will be for food and the leaves for healing."" (Ezekiel 47:6-12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment