Thursday, March 1, 2018

"That We Be Made Right, Again!"

"O that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!" (Psalms 107:15)

 Besides the fact that God never lets go, we are made new. Think about that day when you asked Jesus into your heart, and ask yourself, 'Did my life change in an instant?' I am pretty sure that it did; I know that it did for me. On that very day, in that very moment, there was no denying that I was a new creation in Christ. I felt the weight of the world lifted off of me; I had no more fear of death, death became as though something of the past; even though I was locked up in a jail, I felt totally free and at peace and full of joy; and the Bible that I had been reading for several months, made sense and I was able to explain what it meant. I know that everyone does not have the same kind of conversion, but there needs to be change of some sort; otherwise, what is new? Having said that, I know that over the last several decades some of those wonderful experiences have been toned down a bit in my life. The fullness of joy has been made rationed out; it is not so much in your face as it once was; but that does not mean it still is not expressed, especially in times of adversity. The peace is something that I have come to understand how it comes and goes, which is based upon my confession of sin; if I don't confess my sins, I really don't feel all that much peace, but when I do confess my sins, I am invincible  and don't have a care in the world. I think the biggest thing I need to get back to, is reading my Bible before I go to sleep each night. I tend to spend the mornings on devotions, considering that to be good enough; but it is the desire for God's word to be the last thing I think about before I go to sleep at night, that is what I think is missing. These are the things we need to evaluate in our lives, even on a daily basis. 'What do you want me to do Lord?' should be the question that is constantly on our minds. Okay, all of the sudden the powers to be are messing with my connection, so I will cut this short. But I will say that I want to feel that passion again, because I know it makes a difference...

"O LORD, I am your servant; yes, I am your servant, born into your household: you have freed me from my chains. I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the LORD. I will fulfill my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people -in the house of the LORD in the heart of Jerusalem. Praise the LORD!" (Psalms 116:16-19) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment