Monday, March 12, 2018

"And That We Are Not!"

"They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble." (Psalms 107:26)

 Okay, so this verse takes on some pretty interesting twists, to say the least. You might think this is all about the waves, but it speaks to many of the ups and downs of our everyday lives. Besides, God does send storms into our lives; the rain falls upon the righteous and the wicked, the only difference is how we accept them. If we understand that God is the one in control, our outlook on trials and difficulties of everyday living have a much different effect on our peace of mind. Yesterday I started out my journey to Reno getting propane at the nearby RV park. As I was walking around my RV, I noticed that the right rear outside tire looked low. Looking closer, I noticed that the valve stem for the inside tire was not visible, so I took look between the tires, and noticed that the inside tire was completely flat; so flat, that the tire was no longer touching the rim. This might not be such a bad thing, if it was not happening on a Sunday. Long story short, I made my way about ten miles down to a truck stop, taking all the backroads and keeping my speed down below 35mph. When I asked for assistance, I was told that they did not have my size tire in stock, so breaking it down could end up being a big mistake. I informed the clerk to please break it down, and to take a chance on the tire being good. Don't think I didn't pray about it after; this was my only option, if I wanted to be in Reno by the end of the day. God was all over that whole situation. It turned out that the outside tire had a screw in it, and the inside tire had a leaky valve stem. All in all, it was a good thing, even though it appeared to be some sort of trial. When God sends storms our way, it causes us to react or take action; even if the action we take is simply trying to get in out of the rain...

"I lie in the dust; revive me by your word. I told you my plans, and you answered. Now teach me your decrees. Help me understand the meaning of your commandments, and I will meditate on your wonderful deeds. I weep with sorrow; encourage me by your word. Keep me from lying to myself; give me the privilege of knowing your instructions. I have chosen to be faithful; I have determined to live by your regulations. I cling to your laws, LORD, don't let me be put to shame! I will pursue your commands, for you expand my understanding." (Psalms 119:25-32) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment