Saturday, March 3, 2018

"Need to be Rescued"

"Fools, because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted." (Psalms 107:17)

 So it really comes down to this: are you going to continue to mock at your guiltiness, or are you going to yield to the power of God? This is not a question I intended for someone else, more than it is a question for myself. Personally, I want to experience God's power like never before. I want to be able to be poured out, in a way that actually makes a powerful impact upon the Kingdom of God. Isn't that what the apostle Paul was all about? I was listening to Dr. McGee yesterday, as he was talking about Paul's chances of having been previously married. This is a topic that has intrigued me these last fourteen, as I have come to experience this odd marriage relationship I currently have with my wife. Don't get me wrong, it is wonderful to be able to care for her and to show her how much I love her; but besides that care and comfort that I pour out, there is really nothing that she can give me in return; except for a unexpected look or the appreciation I get inside. Paul would have needed to be married in order to hold the position that he did as a Jewish leader; but whether his wife had passed or left him, that is hardly important. Dr. MeGee believes that she had passed away; I tend to believe that she left him as soon as he was converted. Like I said, it is really not that important, the main importance is the fact that Paul preferred to stay single; after all, who would want to drag a wife around as you get stoned, whipped, thrown in prison, and shipwrecked? Besides that, the life in which he was previously accustom to was that of privilege and power; so if his wife had not died, he had died to her. Maybe that somehow helped him be motivated to preach the Good News? But I tend to think that he was motivated by the great need he had to be rescued, each and every day of his life! Yes, I was saved from my sins back in September of 1981, but I still need to be rescued from this world every single day. Any time that surcome to this world, on any level, the enemy gets a foothold into our lives. Paul, I believe realized the importance of this, which is what caused him to keep on moving in the Spirit and not getting settled down into anything that would make him feel worldly. We are no longer of this world, so we should be careful how much of this world we give ourselves to. I only wish that had been made more clear to me thirty-six years ago, before I had gotten caught up in a career. But nonetheless, the more I need to be rescued...

""For I will not fight against you forever; I will not always be angry. If I were, all people would pass away -all the souls I have made. I was angry, so I punished these greedy people. I withdrew from them, but they kept going on their own stubborn way. I have seen what they do, but I will heal them anyway! I will lead them. I will comfort those that mourn, bringing words of praise to their lips. May that have abundant peace, both near and far," says the LORD, who heals them. "But those that still reject me are like the restless sea, which is never still but continually churns up mud and dirt. There is no peace for the wicked," says my God." (Isaiah 57:16-21) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment