Monday, January 16, 2017

"Unlimited"

"O LORD God of hosts, who is a strong LORD like unto thee? or to thy faithfulness round about thee?" (Psalms 89:8)
Sometimes we just need to accept it, we are sinners saved by God's grace! If you think you have it under control, watch out, because that is when you will be vulnerable and weak. It is just the way that it works; you can even be told you are going to fall, and if you think that you won't, you will fall that much harder. Not that this is anything, but I was struck by it in church yesterday; but did you ever realize the comparison between Genesis 3:14-15 and John 3:14-15? In Genesis 3:14-15, God is telling the serpent his curse; and in John 3:14-15, Jesus is telling Nicodemus about the serpent being lifted up. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I thought it was kind of neat the way that they fell into the same address. It's kind of like Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1, as they both start with, "In the beginning." There is hardly a day that goes by that I do not learn something new from God's word; whether it be here at my special place, or while driving in my car, or even in church, I am always ready to be taught and ready to listen. I don't care who is speaking, but any time someone is teaching God's word, I have a pen and paper ready to take notes. The way I look at it, if you're not ready to write it down, then you're really not ready to listen; or maybe you don't expect to hear anything new. I still remember the day I heard about the 'water basin' in the Temple, and how every other item that God instructed Moses to build was measured, except for the water basin. That is exactly how God's word is meant to be, unlimited in knowledge and truth. I don't care how many times you have read the Bible, or how many different commentaries you have explored, you will never have learned all that there is to learn about the Bible. Pardon me, I meant to say, "Holy Bible," because it is a Holy book, and there is absolutely no way that anyone can fully understand everything that is written in it, nor can they totally understand God's thoughts, or His perfect ways...
"If it's a question of strength, he's the strong one. If it's a matter of justice, who dares to summon him to court? Though I am innocent, my own mouth would pronounce me guilty. Though I am blameless, it would prove me wicked." (Job 9:19-20) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment