Sunday, January 29, 2017

"God's Selection"

"I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him: With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him." (Psalms 89:20-21)
I am not sure that reason is being thought of anymore; at least not in the sense of the word. Never mind that people have a certain right to protest, but shouldn't there be some sort of reason other than just to protest? I could not help but think of Sodom and what happened to Lot's daughter; the people wanted the two angels who came to stay with Lot, but lot told them no, and then he offered up his daughter to them. What the heck! What get's into people that things can get so stupid and wicked? As much as I like to try and figure things out, there are some things I think I would just rather not know. Now about this "Selection" thing; which you could refer to it as 'Election,' but that might cause some confusion in some circles. If you recall the story, David had several brothers that Samuel thought were the one, and God kept saying, "No, not this one." As Jesse kept sending out his sons, from the oldest to the youngest, Samuel would say, "Oh this one looks like he could be king," and then God would say, "No!" Until finally there were no more sons to put before him, and he had to inquire, "Is this all that you got!" To which Jesse, almost reluctantly, says, "No, there's one more, but he's out with the sheep." You really can't figure out what God is doing, so it's best to just go along with what He says, and just do it; stop asking questions, and just do what you are told! That's what my mother would say to me sometimes; she would say, Go and do this or that, and I would always answer with a question like, Why, or For what, or Do I have to? Then she would remind me that she wasn't asking for my input on the matter or what I thought, she was telling me to do it. Then, if I hesitated doing it, I was threatened with a demerit; I don't even remember what a demerit was, except it added up to something I did not want. Sometimes it sucked to be the oldest; I was the one to set the example with. In God's economy of checks and balances, things are not the same as they are in this life. God uses the simple things to confound the wise, and the weak things to overpower the strong. No matter what, we should never underestimate what God can do, even in the strongest storm...
""For I, the LORD, love justice, I hate robbery and wrongdoing. I will faithfully reward my people for their suffering and make an everlasting covenant with them. Their descendants will be recognized and honored among the nations. Everyone will realize that they are a people the LORD has blessed."" I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels. The Sovereign LORD will show his justice to the nations of the world. Everyone will praise him! His righteousness will be like a garden in early spring, with plants springing up everywhere." (Isaiah 61:8-11) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment