Wednesday, January 4, 2017

"Sufficient Grace"

"LORD, why castest thou off my soul? Why hidest thou thy face from me?" (Psalms 88:14)
There are some things that take years to figure out; and then there are some things we just will not ever understand. Understandably, figuring out why certain things happen and why God does not answer certain prayers, just might be a couple of those things we will never understand, at least not in this life. I totally believe that once we get to heaven, everything we either be revealed or forgotten; all those answers we have filed away to one day get answers for, will somehow either be answered or dissolved, just by the sheer glory of God's Holiness and Light. Some people think that is was caused Adam and Eve to see that they were naked: The glory of God's Light had been removed by sin, and their innocence had been replaced with shame. It will pretty much be the opposite reaction when we are in God's presence; all shame, doubt, frustration, lack of knowledge, sadness, or any other issue that you could think of, will be dissolved in God's Holy Light. You know, if you really wanted to, you could experience a little taste of that Holy Light right now, you don't actually have to wait to have your issues dissolved. What have we been talking about for these last three weeks? Besides some issues of what really matters, it's all about having a transformation of your mind; to come to the place where you agree with God; where you are a friend of God! Are you a friend of God? Does He call you friend? What makes me friends with God? Simple as this might sound, we need to be in the Light, as He is in the Light! In other words, we need to stop walking in darkness, and we need to start walking in the Light! It is as easy as flipping a switch! Going back to what Jesus said, "If the Son has set you free, then you are free indeed." You really need nothing more; there is nothing else for Him to do for you, because it's all already been done. Now it's up to you and me to walk His finished work! Stop turning back into the darkness, and start pressing forward into His marvelous Light...
"O LORD, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way? How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? How long will my enemy have the upper hand? Turn and answer me, O LORD my God! Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die. Don't let my enemies gloat, saying, "We have defeated him!" Don't let them rejoice at my downfall. But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the LORD because he is good to me." (Psalms 13) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment