Sunday, January 1, 2017

"A Wet New Day"

"Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction: LORD, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched out my hands unto thee." (Psalms 88:9)
Happy New Year, for anyone who's considering this the first day of a New Year. As for me, I'm looking forward to paying off some of my expenses that I charged over the Thanksgiving weekend; I saved a bunch of money, but I spent a whole lot of it in the process. But, no worries, God is always faithful to supply all of our needs; besides, I was sick and tired of living in an empty house. I know that yesterday's closing Scripture was rather long, but it needed to be every bit of it, and then some! It is widely accepted that Jeremiah is the author of Lamentations, and for the most part, much of what he wrote fits nicely with this Psalm; they both are just so melancholy. However, under the sadness and the grief, there is always a ray of hope, a reason to hold on, a longing for a brand new day. That is pretty much our journey through this life; less some of the persecution for most of us, but always with the same underlying struggles to deal with that which we cannot control. For Jeremiah, his was the people whom he loved that would not listen, and the city that he loved that was being destroyed. We all have our issues, some more than others; but God gives us something to release some of the pressure, it's called prayer! And if you really need to get some release, then for goodness sake, weep and pray! And if you are desperately in need of some serious release, then weep and pray and stretch up you arms to the God who loves you, crying, "Daddy, hold me!" Wow...
"I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!" The LORD is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD. And it is good for people to submit at an early age to the yoke of discipline: Let them sit alone in silence beneath the LORD'S demands. Let them lie face down in the dust, for there may be hope at last. Let them turn the other cheek to those who strike them and accept the insults of their enemies. For no one is abandoned by the LORD forever." (Lamentations 3:24-31) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment