Wednesday, January 25, 2017

"Much More Than Pleasure" -2

"In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted." (Psalms 89:16)
For the life of me, I can't understand why people continue to make this so difficult. It's really not all that hard to understand; it's kind of like the weight loss commercials that say, "It's not that hard; you eat the food, you loose the weight." You accept Christ into your heart, you go to heaven! I think we have been accustomed to need to work for whatever it is that we have been given; my mother would always tell me I could go out to play, but then on my way out, she would ask me if my room was clean, adding, "If your room's not clean, you can't go out." If she just would have said it differently, like, 'Clean your room, and then you can go out to play,' then I probably would have just went and played in my room. Maybe some people just come to Christ for all the wrong reasons; like to have a happy family, or to get our lives together. Not quite how it works! You come to Christ for your eternal salvation, if the other things happen, then those are the things we give Him thanks for on a daily basis. But if they don't; well let's just say that those things are worth praying about, but by all means, they should not rob you of your joy. I have seen way to many godly men and women walk away from their families, their work, and even their fellowship, because they just don't feel that they are being successful or ministered to where they are at. It might sound a little funny, but unless you have a change of heart, your change of location isn't going to matter. The second part this verse is the part that causes people to jump ship, not because it's the truth, but because they just don't get it. It's not our success that we need to be focused upon, it's the Lord's! It clearly says, "in thy righteousness shall they be exalted." Well, I have tried that, and I really don't feel all that exalted. Have you missed something along the way, something called humility, being a servant; how about longing for heaven? These are all things that cause us to be patient, to wait on the Lord, and to be a faithful follower of Jesus Christ. Besides, and reward you are given here, really does not count in heaven...
"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!" (Philippians 3:8-11) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment