Sunday, January 15, 2017

"Unconditionally"

"God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him." (Psalms 89:7)
This is one of those verses that say what really doesn't need to be said. It's like saying, 'If your going to ride in the plane, then you had better stay in the plane.' In other words, if you are hanging out with God as one of His saints, then you had better reverence and fear Him! Actually, I don't think that it's possible to be a saint if you don't have any respect for God. So if that's you, not showing God the respect He deserves, then if I were you, I would get that checked right away! It is really that cut and dry; you're either for showing God the reverence and respect He deserves, or your off the plane; and if your off the plane, you are not going to reach your planned destination. I am not saying that we are meant to be perfect, because that is impossible in these earthen vessels; but we are to be made perfect! How do we get made perfect when we cannot be perfect? Just in case you might have asked, I thought I would throw that question out there. We are made perfect in Christ; Christ Jesus in the plane! If you are in the plane, you're in the plane because you are in Christ; and if you are in Christ, you are there because He is your Lord; if He's your Lord, He's Lord because you fear and reverence Him, just as you fear and reverence the Father. Jesus said, "For the Father judgeth no man, but hath commanded all judgment unto the Son: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father that hath sent him." (John 5:22-23) To be perfectly honest, I am far from perfect. I make no claim to be perfect, and I don't even strive to be perfect, at least not with all of my might. What I do, is to try and obey what the Lord tells me to do; unless, that is I want to do something different, say, something naughty; then it's pretty much me on autopilot, till it's either out of my system or I have surrendered it up to the Lord. One thing is for sure, if it has had its way with me, I know what to do: I am asking the Lord to forgive me, and He does, over and over again! Do you know what staying in the airplane means? It means fear and reverence...
"It was in the year King Uzziah died that I saw the Lord. He was sitting on a lofty throne, and the train of his robe filled the Temple. Attending him were mighty seraphim, each having six wings. With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew. They were calling out to each other, "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of Heaven's Armies! The whole earth is filled with his glory!" Their voices shook the Temple to its foundations, and the entire building was filled with smoke. Then I said, "It's all over! I am doomed, for I am a sinful man. I have filthy lips, and I live among a people with filthy lips. Yet I have seen the King, the LORD of Heaven's Armies." Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal he had taken from the altar with a pair of tongs. He touched my lips with it and said, "See, this coal has touched your lips. Now your guilt is removed, and your sins are forgiven."" (Isaiah 6:1-7) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment