Saturday, January 14, 2017

"Obviously"

"For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? Who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD?" (Psalms 89:6)
If you take the time to think about this, there really is no better way to challenge a doubt than to ask yourself these very simple questions. There really is no easier way to say this, but if you can accept the first verse of the Bible as a fact, then you will have no problem challenging your doubts with these questions. As I was trying to get to sleep last night, I had my wife's bed next to mine and I was praying myself to sleep. It's something I do more than I actually realize, I start out just praying, and then I fall asleep in the middle of the prayer; probably a little like the disciples did in the garden when Jesus asked them to stay there and pray, and He kept coming back finding them sleeping, except my praying wasn't over something as important as the issue they would be facing. Actually, I don't think they realized what was going to happen. It was a little like Martha in the movie Mr. Right; he kept telling her that he killed people, but it didn't mean anything until she actually saw him kill someone, and then she freaked out. Anywho, I was praying for Jesus to heal my wife, but I was not laying hands on her as I prayed for her. As I realized that my hands were not on her, I began to pray for Jesus just to just speak the word, "Be healed," and that would be all that would be required. And then I began to mention all the examples I could think of where Jesus just spoke and then it happened. I might have ended my conscious praying on the first verse in the Bible and the thought of the Word of God going fourth saying, 'Let there be heavens and earth,' and then they appeared. What, if anything, could compare with that? That goes far beyond anything that we could imagine God doing on this earth; whether it be raising the dead, or growing limbs on a person's body, or even healing a brain that has been totally assaulted by the lack of oxygen; nothing compares to God creating the heavens and the earth out of nothing; nothing compares to God saying, "And let there be light; and there was light." Next time you have something your dealing with where you might doubt God can fix it, just remember how Mighty and Great God is...
"Then Job spoke again: "Yes, I know all that is true in principle. But how can a person be declared innocent in God's sight? If someone wanted to take God to court, would it be possible to answer him even once in a thousand times? For God is so wise and so mighty. Who has ever challenged him successfully? Without warning, he moves the mountains, overturning them in his anger. He shakes the earth from its place, and its foundations tremble. If he commands it, the sun won't rise and the stars won't shine. He alone has spread out the heavens and marches on the waves of the sea. He made all the stars -the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the southern sky. He does great things too marvelous to understand. He performs countless miracles. "Yet when he comes near, I cannot see him. When he moves by, I do not see him go. If he snatches someone in death, who can stop him? Who dares to ask, 'What are you doing?'" (Job 9:1-12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment