Friday, January 20, 2017

"Time To Rejoice"

"The north and the south thou hast created them: Tabor and Hermon shall rejoice in thy name." (Psalms 89:12)
I know it might not seem like much, but it's a pretty big deal! If you think about it, we are living in a time that nobody saw or expected. It's special to just be a part of something this extraordinary. For the first time, in a very long time, someone who has never held a public office is going to be the President of these United States. That means something to me, because I have watched people who have been in government for decades do nothing but make government bigger and bigger, and in the process, they have made the average citizen smaller and smaller. Say what you will, but you wait and see, the government is going to start counting and cutting it's spending habit; something that has got way out of control. Talk about wanting a piece of the pie! The pie that was being devoured was what belonged to every hard working citizen in this country, and it needs to be stopped. Will it? Can it? I guess we will just have to wait and see. Meanwhile, I have got to tell you what this verse speaks to me about, because I believe that it is pointing to something that should cause us to take notice. If you know anything about how this world maintains it's balance (no pun intended,) then you should have some general idea what 'north' and south' represent, stability! Here's another little example of how the Bible shows us that earth is not flat. How anyone ever thought that could even happen, I have no idea. But then again, people will fall for anything, if you say it enough. "Tabor" is something of a 'mound,' but not just any mound, it's a rock that cannot be mistaken for anything than what it really is. "Hermon" is a direction, but not just any direction, it is on the right, as in, "sit on my right." I get excited just thinking about this, but I am just that kind of weird...
""My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. "The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will proper everywhere I send it. You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands! Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up. These events will bring great honor to the LORD'S name; they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love."" (Isaiah 55:8-13) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment