Sunday, June 30, 2013

"Count Your Many Blessings"

"Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile." (Psalms 32:2) Let me tell you something that happen after I first got saved, I sinned! Yep; there I was, it happened to be my day for dormitory cleanup, and wouldn't you know it, someone left their filthy magazine out on the top of their bunk. I know I should have shoved it under their pillow, or refused to clean that area, or something; but no, I had to practice that which I had been doing since I was at least eleven years old, and pretend I was some sort of sexual deviant. Although it was the same, it was almost like the first time, and as a matter of fact, I felt as though I had just lost my virginity after I had finished the ordeal. Many means more that lots of something, it also means continually, as in, the stuff that keeps happening, just because; because you are still weak, or because you are ignorant, or just because you still, "like a dog, turn to your own vomit"! I can not tell you the amount of times I had gone forward for alter calls those first few years of my new Christian life; but I can only say, I was always hoping to get it right!!! As with the verses I closed with yesterday, there is something to be said for a legacy that is bestowed upon us, by which we have no way on God's green earth to earn, nor do we deserve to be included in the list of saints, apostles, prophets, and citizens of heaven; but God, who knows are frail and weak capacity for holiness, has bestowed this legacy upon us through His Son, whom He has provided as the righteousness that we lack! I like that David uses that word "spirit", as in, "and in whose spirit is no guile"; because it includes a whole variety of applications, such as, moral character, temper, anger, impatience, desire, mental acts, uncontrollable impulse, and pretty much any other thing that can be attached to the spirit of a man. Talk about being blessed!!! We are blessed beyond recognition; so much so, that God does not recognize our sins, because He sees the blood of His Son, as if He is wearing special glasses as He gazes upon us, and can only see the holiness and the righteousness that was supplied by Jesus Christ; because it is only the blood of Jesus that can wash away our sins, and it is only the righteousness of Jesus that is visible to the Father! Oh yea, I almost forgot something; it seemed to me, that the harder I resolved to get things right, the easier it became to stumble; what kind of whacked out mess am I???
"Lift up your eyes, and behold them that come from the north: where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock? What wilt thou say when he shall punish thee? for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail? And if thou say in thine heart, Wherefore come these things upon me? For the greatness of thine iniquity are thy skirts discovered, and thy heels made bare. Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil." (Jeremiah 13:20-23)

No comments:

Post a Comment