Monday, June 3, 2013

"Touching The Face of God, Too!"

"I will be glad and rejoice in Thy mercy: for Thou hast considered my trouble; Thou hast known my soul in adversities;" (Psalms 31:7) Just so happens this verse is the seventh verse in this Psalm, because it is the number of completion: and to really complete this circle of love, we must understand God's desire and love for us; although, we may not ever know the full measure of His love, we can know enough to satisfy any part that we need to know. We could attribute David's writing this Psalm as he was running away from Saul, or even when he went into the cave and the taunted Saul with his mercy he had on him; but for the sake of any one who wants to argue, let's just say that "all Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16 & 17). In other words, God has inspired this word for more than just words to be read, but that our soul should be fed! With that said, let's consider David is speaking about another "trouble" besides that of Saul, and consider that he is speaking of our condition without God's great mercy; for it is only by God's act of mercy that our soul is made complete in Him! I get so sick and tired of hearing people say, I God is so loving, then why does He allow this or that to happen? The brutality of this world was taken out on His Son! Don't you think He does not know our pain, because He does! We are broken, this world is broken, and until the day that heaven and earth are made new, things will continue to be broken as they are, and there will be sin and death in this world. In the meantime, we must be glad and rejoice in His great mercy that He so lovingly has poured out upon us, for He has considered our condition, and He has not only provided the way for us to be transformed in a world that is broken, but He has given us His written Word, that we can not only see His face, but we can touch it also! Now I know what some might be thinking, and I don't expect to reach up into heaven and touch God's face; but this is as close as I can assimilate what our soul experiences in the spiritual sense, as it has communion with God in moments of intimacy. This might sound a little creepy, but it's a lot like a husband and wife feeling each other's face during love making, whereas they are deeply in love with the character of one another, as they explore one another's features..."I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk: eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved." (Song Of Songs 5:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment