Friday, June 14, 2013

"Recovering Hope" -2

"Make Thy face to shine upon Thy servant: save me for Thy mercies' sake." (Psalms 31:16) Just in case you did not understand that closing portion of Scripture yesterday, it's okay, because some things we just don't; but when we see how that it is really all about what God has done, then we actually realize how far above our pay-grade God's understanding is! Much like this verse we have before us; as short as it might seem, it packs a powerful punch in the direction of our pride and self-righteousness. I used the example of Peter in several discussions I had yesterday regarding the difference between the 'cans' and the 'wills'; a strong man at heart, but when it came to certain things, his heart was not strong enough to pass the test; a test he had even been forewarned about, and could have guarded his heart just a little bit; but no, he was so far into default mode, that he even had to curse at those who persisted to associate him with his Lord. Yes, it might look good to be a 'will', at least until you won't out of shear 'stubbornness'; and I use that word religiously, because it is a fact, when I said I would not bark at my wife, I meant it when I said it, but once the fight started; did I need to bark so loud??? Actually, I would love a nice little spat right now; I would love it, if just as I was about to go to sleep, Marianne would say something like, Hey, I am feeling as though you don't love me anymore! Anything would be well received with gladness; even something as alarming as that statement, and I would jump with joy beyond belief! Yet, almost ten years now, and not a single argument; not even once have I had to use my barking voice to defend my stubbornness and my stupid pride. Oh, what I wouldn't give to do some things over again! If you ever have gone out into the morning sun, and as the sun was shinning upon your face, and you felt it's energy as though it was giving you some of that, then you might understand what it is that I am trying to get across. I 'can' do all things through Christ, who strengthens me! There is hope for me after all!!!!!!!!! God's people will be victorious!
"O LORD, Thou art my God; I will exalt Thee, I will praise Thy name; for Thou hast done wonderful things; Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. For Thou hast made of a city a heap; of a defensed city a ruin: a palace of strangers to be no city; it shall never be built. Therefore shall the strong people glorify Thee, the city of the terrible nations shall fear Thee. For Thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall. Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as a heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low. And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things; a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined. And He will destroy in this mountain the face of covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall be taken away from all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it! And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His Salvation!" (Isaiah 25:1-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment