Sunday, June 23, 2013

"By God's Commitment!"

"For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before Thine eyes: nevertheless Thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto Thee." (Psalms 31:22) The strangest thing of all, is really not all that strange to begin with, because it involves God's commitment to us as His children! You need to understand how important you are to Him, and how very very much He loves you; more than you will ever really know! I can say without a doubt that God's commitment to us far exceeds any form of commitment that we might have towards Him; therefore, why can't we just fully commit to Him, seeing how committed He is to us? The really funny thing is, He knows what is wrong with us, and He loves us anyways! My goodness, do you really get that? To think of all the stupid things that I have done, not realizing how much it breaks His heart for me, because He has so much better for me, and can't wait to bestow those things into my life; it's as if He is rooting for me to do the right thing, saying, You can do this, I know that you can! And just as a loving Father that He is, He picks me up when I fall, and He continues to encourage me on my way; knowing full well that I will fall again, but nonetheless, He encourages me anyways by His great love for me, and by pouring out His Spirit into my life. I know it's hard to understand, but there are many of us out there, who as His children, act as if they are in some sort of foster care and not sure if they really will ever have a home. Feeling less than adequate to be called a child of God, they punish themselves needlessly over things that they do not believe God should forgive them for; and yet, He knows what you have done, what was in your heart as you did it, and He is more than willing to forgive you, if you would only cry out for His forgiveness! And that brings me to something else we must understand: He has forgiven you before you even ask, He just needs for you to participate in His forgiveness in order to forgive yourself..."Hearken to Me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged. Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sara that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him. For the LORD shall comfort Zion: He will comfort all her waste places; and He will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody." (Isaiah 51:1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment