Saturday, June 22, 2013

"Taken In"

"Blessed be the LORD: for He hath shewed me His marvelous kindness in a strong city." (Psalms 31:21) Oh, what needless things we suffer! Yes, I truly think we have a tendency to try and work through some things on our own, only because we do not quite understand how dependent we truly are on the Lord's protection in some things, in things we think are our own devices; and so what if they are, He is there, willing to take it all out of way! The "strong city" that David is speaking of is more than just a city in which people dwell within, as hard as that is to understand; it is of a domain that is guarded, whether that be from watchmen, or by waking; waking being that of to awaken out of your sleep. I can't tell you how many times I have woken up out of a dream, and wondered, Where the heck did that come from? But only to know for sure that it wasn't from God! Letting my guard down, is the closest answer I could come up with; but it was most likely by invitation, or maybe something I eat the night before. If you are shaking your head, not understanding what it is that I am talking about, then more power to you; but for those of us that understand, may I say, we do have a choice; just as we do with all things holy and unholy! It really does come down to our will, and in this case, it's our will to commit all things unto the Lord; even those things which we might otherwise think are our own, including those things which take place within our minds, especially our dreams! And then again, can we really control those things that we dream at night? Seriously; do we have the capacity within our own minds to do that? I think not! It takes the power of a certain Sword to have victory in that domain, and that power is from God, and it only comes from us asking Him for His help; but help requires us to call out to Him, which in and of itself is a form of surrender... "For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me. Behold, the Lord GOD will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up. Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of His servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust of the LORD, and stay upon his God. Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of Mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow." (Isaiah 50:7-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment