Friday, June 21, 2013

"Protection In Jesus, Too"

"Thou shalt hide them in the secret of Thy presence from the pride of man: Thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues." (Psalms 31:20) Now, just in case you had second thoughts about my agenda, as to where I was headed, you need to understand that their is a spiritual battle that takes place within our subconscious mind; whether you might believe that or not, is really not the issue; but I can tell you from my own personal experiences, that it is real. As a matter of fact, I have seen far more evidence of the spiritual world in my dreams than in my awake times, because in my sleep I can travel further than I can when I am awake; or at least it appears to be so; and it can go in either direction: both towards God, and away from God, depending on that direction which I pursue. Maybe it's just me, but I seriously doubt that: because I believe that we all have similar tendencies in one way or another; whether or not we admit to them, that is another subject in and of itself. However, the point I wish to make is about the protection that we have in Jesus over those things that we do not usually believe that we do, such as our dreams; and it is only really a matter of us surrendering our dreams over to Him also, just as we would any other part of our life! The question you might be asking, is, Is it really important that we do so? To which I will respond, without any hesitation, Yes! If you are truly seeking after righteousness, and if you are truly committing yourself unto God, then yes, it is as important as any other area of your life! Remember this; we are talking about a spiritual battle, and the spiritual realm is much bigger than the visual one in which we move about in our flesh; and without trying to define what that is, let's just say that what we see with our eyes is nothing compared to what is happening all around us in the spiritual aspect of things; if you can begin to imagine what that might look like! It just so happens, and I believe this is so, that the spiritual realm is far more powerful than the physical realm; besides it being bigger, it has a stronger impact upon our life; both our physical life and our spiritual life, including that of our mind; a mind of which we can never really come to understand! Which is just another reason for us to be mightily dependent upon the Lord for His protection, even in our dreams; like that sweet little prayer, "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep", there is quite a lot that can happen when we sleep..."Hear, ye that are far off, what I have done; and, ye that are near, acknowledge My might. The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites, Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing of evil; he shall dwell of high; his place of defense shall be the munitions of rock: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure." (Isaiah 33:13-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment