Saturday, June 8, 2013

"It Could Happen!"

"I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel." (Psalms 31:12) There are many of these verses that could be attributed to Jesus and how He was treated by many, especially His own; but here is one in particular that has grabbed my heart. As I shared something earlier in the week about a broken vessel, I made reference to the fact that broken vessels that have been restored are fragile; although that is case, it's not the end result. And unlike most vessels that are repaired, holding any sort of liquid they do not do; but God, He does not necessarily adhere to the laws of nature or physics, nor to the theories which are designed by science; God can do whatever God wants to do! If you really want to know what it looks like to be committed to God, you need to look no further than Jesus Christ! Spoken of by many of His own as someone who was beside himself, and ridiculed as someone who was of the devil, Jesus did not waver or hesitate when it came to commitment to what He was sent to do. Some people might still scoff at Him, and try to place Him in a category of just some other famous teacher or prophet; not realizing how important His visitation was to the condition of their very soul. Heck, I was that way for at least a decade of my life, and I actually believed in God; what must be going on in the hearts of those that do not think there is a God? We look at this verse and instantly we place a negative content to the meaning of these words; however, when it comes to the way God works, sometimes broken is the beginning of fixed!!! God uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise, just as He uses the broken things of this world to build strong vessels of great ability and honor. That is what makes commitment something that goes beyond circumstance or situations that might occur in our lives; because it is God who is in charge, not us! How often I forget this! I make my plans, and see the road ahead of me; thinking that I know what God has planned for me, I move out as though I know what it is that He is doing; only to find out that I was wrong, and God just changed the whole shape of everything that I thought He was building. Yet; what if God has taken all those broken pieces of all those different vessels, and has made a great and glorious vessel all along??? "Behold a King shall reign in righteousness, and princes shall rule in judgement. And a man shall be as a hiding place from the wind, and a covert from the tempest; as rivers of water in a dry place, as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land. And the eyes of them that see shall not be dim, and the ears of them that hear shall hearken. The heart also of the rash shall understand knowledge, and the tongue of the stammerers shall be ready to speak plainly. The vile person shall no more be called liberal, nor the churl said to be bountiful. For the vile person will speak villainy, and his heart will work iniquity, to practice hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD, to make empty the soul of the hungry; and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail. The instruments also of the churl are evil: he deviseth wicked devices to destroy the poor with lying words, even when the needy speaketh right. But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand." (Isaiah 32:1-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment