Monday, June 10, 2013

"That, It Just So Happens!"

"For I heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life." (Psalms 31:13) (It's like a mirror, don't you know!) Anyhow; some things that I remember about being very young, like four or so, was that my mom had so many monsters that lurked around the house; there were the Dust Bunnies under the bed, the Boggy Man in the closet, the biting Bed Bugs that would bite you at night; so many reasons to trust in mom for her protection, as she would sweep under the bed, make sure the closet was clean, and regularly change my sheets. Now I am not saying that God has the same intention, as we are these new vessels which just so happen to be trapped in this old broken vessel, but there is something to be said for continuous mortal decay. I have made my position on this very clear before, and I am here for my wife; other than that, I would much rather be home with the Lord; but I still have other people that I care about and wouldn't mind sticking around to see them grow up. In the meantime, I live from day to day watching as death continues to consume those around me, knowing that eventually, it will consume this flesh also. Pretend with me for a moment that David is not speaking of people as he declares these that "took counsel" and devised to take away his life; after all, how can you go from saying, "I trust in the Lord", to, "fear was on every side", without there being something else which is being considered besides just enemies? First of all, this word "slander" is a word that also means whispering or unfavorable sayings; like those things don't happen in our heads, right? Oh, whats that new pain in the pit of my stomach? I hope it's not some form of cancer or something like that! "Fear was on every side" is putting it mildly, because in everyday life there is a chance to die around every corner and in every form of sickness. Heck, you can die getting a tooth pulled at the dentist! or getting your colon check, might be your ticket! It really does not matter how it happens, your temporary tent is just that, it's temporary and on it's way to the grave; some just get there sooner than others, but the laws of natural decay have taken counsel together against each and every one of us! We get to a certain point, I we must admit, "they devised to take away my life"... "Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save. Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else besides Me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none besides Me. Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." (Isaiah 45:20-22)

No comments:

Post a Comment