Friday, March 8, 2013

"Three Avengers"

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalms 27:1) As with our battle in overcoming those three elements of our sinful nature, the Lord has provided us with three avenging principles of that which He gives us to be over comers. The first of which is His light, that for which we need to blind out the lust of the eyes; making us aware of those times when we are looking upon something as something that is pleasing to the eyes, His light burns brighter than that which our eyes might lust after. The second of which is the salvation that the Lord has provided, by His death and resurrection, having given us the power and the ability to put our flesh in the category of dead, and being raised in His resurrection, we are no longer under the power of the lust of the flesh; but are to consider our flesh to have been crucified with Christ, that we no longer live for the flesh, but we are now alive unto God. And thirdly, it is by His strength that we shall overcome the pride of life; His strength being that which makes me secure and confident, nothing of myself, for I am nothing without Jesus. It is the Lord for Who I live for, not looking to build up myself, but that He should be elevated; and as soon as I forget that, I will be soon reminded by the awareness of my weakness. Having these three things, there is really nothing that can come against us, even that which comes from within us; because Jesus has given us all that we need to avenge that which causes us to sin; the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life... "And the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise; she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat." (Genesis 3:6)  

No comments:

Post a Comment