Thursday, March 21, 2013

"Reality Check" -2

"Hide not Thy face far from me; put not Thy servant away in anger: Thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation." (Psalms 27:9) One little thing that I forgot to mention yesterday, was how much we can truly depend upon God for His unconditional love to never stop loving us! Here is the reality of His love for us: that He would take something that means the very most to Him, and that He would give that something for us, that we might not only be able to come into His presence, but that we might also be able to experience the wonder of His love; a love that cannot be expressed in words, but that He expressed by the sacrifice of His only begotten Son! What can we possibly do that would cancel out His love for us? The only way that we cannot receive God's love is by not accepting it, because we could surely never earn it; it is beyond our capacity to earn something of such great worth! So, how are we to react to something so amazing as that? This is what I see in this verse we have before us: it's not that David is afraid that God will leave him or forsake him, because he truly knows that God is always by his side; but it is the pure magnitude of God's love goes so far beyond anything that we can possible comprehend, that we are in such awe of His love for us, we really sometimes find it hard to believe that He loves us, especially when we realize how much we fail to love Him back in a way deserving of His love for us! We are praising God in this realization, because it's not really about my ability to live up to God's anticipations for my life, He loves me just as I am; it's about me realizing how much that God loves me, and taking the reality of His love for me, and loving Him back!!! This is how we are even remotely capable of beginning to love God with all of our heart, mind, soul and strength, by realizing His great love for us, so much so, that it keeps us in check; in other words, it overwhelms us to the point that we are fearful that we might sin against Him and trespass against something so amazing as His great love for us...Besides that; He gives us every possible tool that we need to work on loving Him back, even when we fail, He has a tool for that... "Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son; much more, being reconciled we shall be saved by His life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by Whom we have now received the atonement." (Romans 5:9-11)...I am not even sure that we can give this gift back; once we are in possession of His gift of salvation, we are no longer our own, but His...

No comments:

Post a Comment