Friday, March 22, 2013

"Reality Hits Home"

"When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up." (Psalms 27:10) No one can love us like our Heavenly Father does; neither can anyone come close to knowing what is best for our lives! Don't misunderstand me, I love my mother and look forward to seeing her again in heaven; but after I came to the Lord and had made Jesus the priority of my life, she questioned my eagerness to share Jesus with others; that was until she accepted Jesus in her own heart one night at a Darrell Mansfield concert. Although, one thing that I can say about my mother, she never did forsake me, or deny me a place to stay; even when I was in my very worse, she always looked for the best in me. David on the other hand, he was not thought of as the greatest of his father's offspring; as a matter of fact, he was hardly thought of at all; spending many nights and days out in the fields tending the sheep, as a teenager he was gone more than he was at home. Maybe he did fell abandoned and forsaken by his parents, but he had a great opportunity to get to know his Heavenly Father as he would spend day after day and night after night in fellowship with the One whom he came to love. If you know the story, when God instructed Samuel to go the the house of Jesse the Bethlehemite, saying, "For I have provided Me a king among his sons", after arriving and having view all of whom he thought were Jesse's sons, seven of them in all, which Jesse passed before Samuel a second time, the LORD had not chosen any of them; and finally Samuel asked, "Are here all of thy children?", to which Jesse answered, "There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep". All of David's elder brothers were men fit for battle, and men that their father was proud of; yet David, he was different, he loved to be out in the fields tending the sheep; which was not a desired profession in the land of Israel, as a matter of fact, it was a menial job, people who held such a job were looked down upon, just as David was looked down upon by his father, and even his brothers; you can see the tone in Jesse's answer to Samuel, and how is emphasized the fact that David was keeping the sheep, as if to rub it in how that's what he did. But God; He does not look at the outward appearance of a man, but looks upon the heart; and what God saw in David was a man that loved Him, and loved to be in His presence; something the our Heavenly Father seeks after in all of us, that we want to be in His presence! I don't mean just looking forward to Sunday's and midweek gatherings at church, but actually rising up in the mornings eager to spend time in fellowship with a God that loves you so very much..."O God, Thou art my God; early will I seek Thee: my soul thirsteth for Thee, my flesh longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; to see Thy power and Thy glory, so as I have seen Thee in the sanctuary. Because Thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise Thee." (Psalms 63:1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment