Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"Reality Check"

"Hide not Thy face far from me; put not Thy servant away in anger: Thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation." (Psalms 27:9) Pardon me for feeling a little groggy today, I drove all day and kid of overslept. But, I must let you know, I listened to about twenty sermons yesterday, and I heard several messages that went very nicely with the message that God was speaking into my heart about this verse I am looking at today. One in particular was about not shinning the instrument; meaning to not put to much glamour into these vessels which God has redeemed, because all the glory is meant to be given unto Jesus Christ. Taking into consideration how that this Psalm is a "Prayer of Praise", we must not forget that this is all about praising God for what He has done, not forgetting our condition in the process! In other words, we are not glorified creatures yet; although the Father might see us as so, we are never to act as if we are, neither are we to assume that we have been; we are redeemed by the blood of Jesus, the same redemption that everyone else on this planet was redeemed for. Yes, I said everyone! God loves all the people on this whole earth the same, and He sent His Son to die for each and every one of us. The only difference between me and the worst hardened criminal on this earth, is that I have believed in Jesus for my salvation from sin; that's all that separates me from the one's that have not received Jesus; it's not how much God loves me, because He loves us all the same! With that said; we must keep our focus on the One who has redeemed us; always remembering that we are flawed creatures who have been taken up by the love of God; that same love which has been made available to even those that might currently hate God; because in reality, before we were saved, we too were a people that hated God..."But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment