Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"Pick of Destiny" -2

"One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in His temple." (Psalms 27:4) I know, you are wondering, What more is there to say about being determined to dwell in God's house; Right? Well, if you were indeed wondering that, I have something to speak to you about; and it might get a little hot in the kitchen, if you know what I mean. First I must try and explore what "the house of the LORD" entails, and what it means to want to dwell there. To the average believer, that might mean dwelling at church; as if anyone could hang out at church every day of their life and not become a fixture! The house of the LORD is the dwelling place of God; which is not made with brick or wood, but is made by the Spirit of God abiding there, whether that be a place, a person, or state of mind. In other words, you do not need to go anywhere to be dwelling in God's house, except to enter into His presence! Now that I have determined what it entails, now it's the wanting to dwell there time; because that is the key to what I believe David is getting at: time! If I could spend time anywhere, where would I want to spend it? David was a man of God, but he was also just a man, having passions that are no different than you or I; that was verified with his sin that he committed with Bathsheba; but this is a prayer of David's, that he might be in God's presence all the days of his life. Seeing how this was his prayer, and how this is a "Prayer of Praise", it would make perfect sense that the more we dwell in God's house, the more we have no fear of this world, or anything within it. This is something that comes with the territory, if you understand what I am saying. The more we dwell in the world, the more the world matters to us; that includes how the world affects our trust in God! The more we dwell in God's house, the more we understand how little this world has anything that can harm us or come against us; like, "If God be for us, then who can come against us!" (I really made a bad choice with this hotel; it stinks, it's noisy, and it has no Internet connection! I have had to restart this post at least 20 times, and I am really getting tired of typing the same thing over and over...) "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth; for the Father seeketh such to worship Him." (John 4:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment