Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Lost In Sin"

"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against His anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us." (Psalms 2:1-3) I can not imagine what my life would be like now without Jesus; and yet, I can still remember what it was like without Him. I remember mocking those that tried to share Jesus to me, and those that assembled in His name; as I laughed inside at their gatherings, as if they were all caught up in some strange superstition. I had my own god that I served, and he left me alone to do whatever I felt like doing; so no one should have been allowed into my space to disrupt my pleasure. But, little did I know or realize, each offer or invitation that I was given was an act of love towards me! I cannot remember actually getting vocal with anyone who might have pressed me in the subject how much God loves me, because I think I believed that He did; but I can remember the thoughts in my head and heart, as I snickered inside, saying, Whatever you say, I am not going to change, so you might as well give up. But on the outside, I would say things, like, That's nice for you, but I have my own beliefs; and the God I know does not judge me on the things that I do. However, every once in a while, someone would strike a cord by speaking a word that hit me right in the heart; and it would make me mad. Why? Because it made me feel uncomfortable in my sin; of which I had grown very comfortable in; and that, I could not stand. This is the rage that the writer of Psalms Two is speaking of, and is brought on by the sin that is exposed in their lives by the Light. Jesus spoke of this to Nicodemus in John 3:20, saying, "For every one that doeth evil hateth the Light, neither cometh to the Light, lest his deeds should be reproved". In our modern world, there is a movement afoot in so many areas of sin, to get sin recognized as acceptable; and leading the way is sexual sin. I don't think that this is just by coincidence; because in this area of sin there is some kind of attribution to love; whereby, those that are caught up in it, attribute their desires to that of pleasures of the heart, as if the heart dictates what love is. However, the Bible says, "The heart is deceitfully wicked; who can know it". But in placing a banner of love over the sin that they commit, they feel justified in what they practice; and anyone who is against what they do, is somehow restricting their expression of love. This is the reason that those that are living alternative lifestyles are so set on being recognised as normal; so as to make themselves to feel less dirty in their sins. However; when it comes to being exposed to the Light, they have no defense; none whatsoever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment