Saturday, June 11, 2011

"Trusting In Love" -3

Do I have your attention? or did I leave you somewhere wondering what I was talking about? It might seem a little hard to get hold of what I am trying to say, but it really is quite simple: in us is the ability to trust in love to the point that renders us unconcerned of our actions. Blame it on our hearts, if you will; but we can get to a point in our relationships where we no longer put forth the great effort to express our love, because we become so confident in the love we have been given. Much like the portion of Scripture which I shared yesterday, in which there was the lack of motivation to get out of bed and open the door, knowing that love would wait; however, it did not! I know, you are wondering where this is going? However, our love that is expressed to our spouse, much like our love expressed to God, is not just for the benefit of who we are expressing to, but is also beneficial to us. (Come again?) Okay; because we have this heart, wickedly wanting to please itself, we have the tendency to slip into a place where we are so confident of the love that we have, we stop putting forth the effort to be loved by loving; the old expression, "You don't bring me flowers anymore" has become a reality within the relationship. Now where are you? scrambling to the door to open it? wishing you could hit the reset button, and do that part of your life over? When we do this in our relationship with each other it can be devastating, because the one that is offended can retreat; which means that they may take interest in another. Hope is not lost, but there must be every effort to win back their heart to the point where they once again are confident to your love for them. When we do this in our relationship with God, it is not so difficult to fix, because He knows our heart better than we know it our self! However; and this is the kicker; the benefit we lost in the relationship with God was not His love for us, but it was our purity in our love for Him... "The watchmen that went about the city found me, they smote me, they wounded me; the keepers of the walls took away my veil from me. I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, if ye find my beloved, that ye tell him, that I am sick of love." (The Song of Solomon 5:7 & 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment