Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Taught By Love"

I have to confess something else to you, and anyone who knows me and my current situation knows that I have some battles; but I have learned only recently what it means to look beyond this life. Yes, it's true; for many years I have lived as a Christian man who was waiting to be taken from this place and to be with the Lord, only to recently realize that His love can give me the calmness I need within the storm. In other words, I really do not need to be yearning for heaven as if that were the relief from the fire; but that heaven could be within my grasp right now, just by knowing the power of His great and mighty love. I am not talking about being transported into heaven, although I do believe that has happened; but I am talking about being so content with knowing Him and His love that nothing else matters at all; absolutely nothing! That is what I mean by looking beyond this life. It is something which we are taught to do, that can only be learned by experiencing the Love of God all by it's self. I know that might sound a little odd, but that is the only way that I can describe it. All other things that could matter in this life are set aside, if not just for a moment, and there is nothing else but His love. Sounds a little weird; yes? I think that this is something that is brought about by the loss of fear; fear to be without is no longer present; fear to be lost can not be found; fear to be alone is not in reach. That is what His love teaches us to be: without fear! In this we find that the storm is not only welcomed, but it actually adds definition to the journey, and gives place for those that are afflicted by it to be brought into safety from it. Not only is there no fear from the storm, but there is a watchful eye for those that might be looking for relief within their own storm, because His love can overcome anything... "Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved? I raised thee up under the apple tree: there thy mother brought thee forth that bare thee. Set me a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned." (The Song of Solomon 8:5-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment