Monday, November 29, 2010

"Trusting In God & Yoked To Him"

"Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:29 & 30) You know, the more I thought of it, the more I could see that anything in my life which I know to be contrary to God, is too much. I use to think of this 'yoke' that Jesus was talking about was a yoke that I would have on myself, much like an oxen is yoked to a plow; and then there I go, plowing forward, trying to keep a straight line as I go, and trying not to look left or right, and especially, to not look back. Dreams are really strange; and last night I had a really strange one. It had to do with trying to make a phone call, a really important phone call; the problem was, that the phone I had to use kept dialing the wrong number. As I looked closer at the phone, I could see that the reason I could not call properly, was because the buttons were all screwed up; and as soon as I got the right buttons in place, there would be one missing, or the area code, or, and this one woke me up, a button right after the area code that said 'clear'. This is my life; always trying to do things on my own; always trying to figure out how to get it right; and never really being able to. As I looked up the word 'yoke' this morning, I discovered something which I can now see is my basic problem, and that is, that the yoke I have been wearing is mine, not His. I know, it sounds crazy and maybe a little extreme; but really, as I looked upon my view of His yoke, it was not His yoke I was wearing, but mine; one that I had imagined Him placing on me, and then saying, "okay, now go". But it is not that way!!! That is how I have made it, but not how Jesus has meant it to be; because the way He has meant it to be, is for me to be yoked to Him, and Him saying, "come". Okay then (wiping away tears); so let me ask you what I have been asking myself: How much of something which is not of Him makes us unequally yoked? "Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." (2 Corinthians 7:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment